Monday, December 12, 2011

Victory?

Feeding any baby is a challenge. Proper nutrition while making sure all the mechanics is always worrisome to parents. However, feeding twins is doubly hard, especially if one of them has feeding problems.

Now, we haven't had many issues with Sophie when it comes to eating. What can I say? The girl likes her milk. However, breastfeeding is another issue. I needed her to drink from me to keep up my milk supply but getting her to breastfeed was hard. I not only did not have enough time to feed her and deal with Olivia's ever-more complicated feeding process, when I did, she would tire too quickly and want a bottle.

However, I've been feeding her more lately and today came a turning point. She refused her bottle. And held out for quite awhile. When I fed her, it was like she was starved.

Two thoughts ran through my head: "Yay, she only wants to drink from me!" and "oh no, she only wants to drink from me!"

Oh boy, am I chained to them even more?

1 comment: