Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 4: Camp Nom Nom

Day 4 of 30

Dear Daddy and Sophie,

"Bubble" -O
Camp is great. I have lots of toys to play with (more fun ones than the ones at home, Sophie, so ha-ha!) and I go outside and play ALL the time. There are all these people who make funny faces at me and I laugh because they look so dumb. I have to eat a lot of times, but it hardly feels like any work because they let me watch Yo Gabba Gabba and Baby Einstein when I take a bite or drink water. Suckers! They also clap their hands when I play with toys or get pudding everywhere. Double suckers!! I also don't throw up so much and I feel great! It makes me want to spin and dance all the time. Only thing is I miss Cody. Oh, and you guys, too.

Love,
Olivia


Another good day for O. She ate all her bites and drank a lot. They tried something new during speech therapy and gave her milk instead of water. And chicken dumplings puree instead of yogurt or applesauce. It was still relatively successful! She kind of looked at it like "where's my usual?" but still ate it in the end. She did throw up some but it was completely unrelated to food. She woke up and saw I wasn't there in the room and cried til she threw up. But it made me realize that she hasn't been gagging at the amount of food in her mouth. She's been taking bigger and bigger bites of food, starting from a small dip to gradual covering of the spoon. I think the most I saw her take today was almost half a spoonful. That's a huge improvement from her behavior at home where even a dry spoon fully in her mouth could make her gag. Now I understand she been playing me. And taking complete control of feeding.

I love that she is eating. And so willingly. But it's not like we haven't tried some of those techniques before. Why does she act so differently with me? Why didn't I have the success that these techs have had? After all, I'm supposed to be the one she trusts the most. I suppose I don't have the objectivity needed to deal with her. She cries a lot with me but she's hardly cried with the techs. Maybe she knows tears aren't going to work on them and I'm weak.

Food log:
2/21
Session 1: 10g
Session 2: 7g
Session 3: 11g
Session 4: 12g

Liquids log:
2/21
Session 1: 10g
Session 2: 10g
Session 3: 11g
Session 4: 14g

1 comment: