Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 7: Camp Nom Nom

Day 7 of 30

Good morning!


I got to spend the night with Olivia while Sandra and grandma are at a hotel with Sophie. They had a huge breakfast at the hotel, complete with omelet and waffle stations. Sophia had so much fun eating a little of everything. You know it's good because she nods her head while she's eating. Olivia had fun waking up with me - we played for a bit, just like at home. As you can see, I have no idea how to fix her hair. I've attempted it many times, but it never looks as nice as the pigtails mommy or grandma gives them.

What I've noticed this past weekend is that Olivia has really made herself at home here. Usually whenever we take the girls to an unfamiliar place they always cling to us and treat anyone that approaches them with "stranger danger". She loves to roam the halls with a mischievous grin on her face, wave at anyone she sees and even enter other kids' rooms to explore. Luckily, all the parents there really like Olivia so they don’t mind. And so do all the therapists - they fight to see who gets to feed her. Having to be so far from her during these four weeks, it makes me really happy to see how comfortable and loved she is at OCH.

Eating-wise, she's been doing well - taking her bites and drink without spitting out too much. However, she just loves loves loves her weekday feeding tech and therapist, and the weekend ones just aren't the same. As a result, her volume isn't as high, but are by no means low. We've been assured that this is a common trend here. Since I can't take any of these therapists home with me, I guess I better get used to having other people feed her. It's just frustrating when I think "give her a different toy and she'll take a bite." Because that's what motivates her.

We were so sad to say goodbye to family. It was so good to see them. I think I was more reluctant to leave my baby girl than anyone. I got to see her eat enthusiastically, walk around with a smile on her face, and she kissed me. How can we wait five whole days?? Going to bed with happy memories and just a bit sad.










Food log:
2/24
Session 1: 13g
Session 2: 16g
Session 3: 16g
Session 4: 19g

Liquids log:
2/24
Session 1: 14g
Session 2: 14g
Session 3: 20g
Session 4: 25g

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tsui Family! Noticing the numbers and very happy to see the results. It's amazing to see the improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see Olivia is cherished there as much as she is at home and that she's adjusted well to a new environment. :) I'm glad she's improving with her food intake! Thanks for keeping the rest of us updated on your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Denver! Your post made me cry! Thinking of u guys

    ReplyDelete