Monday, February 11, 2013

Spying on daddy/daughter time

Ever wonder how your husband and kids interact without you? One night I decided to furtively look in on Denver and the twins in the playroom. Denver is trying to eat dinner and Sophie is after his food. Here are a few snippets:

- Eww, you smooshed the noodle!
- Gosh, Sophie! Ok, Hold on... No, no, don't touch!
- You're leaving a trail of noodles.
- Geez, I gave her a big bite and she spat the whole mouthful out into my bowl and asked for more.
- Ok, ok, ok now YOU want some? (Olivia)
- Hug daddy, yeah! Hug Olivia, yeah. Wait, no no no! (I assume some kind of biting attempt)
- Argh! (She was working on a piece of beef and couldn't break it down so she spat it on him.)
- Oh sorry, Olivia! Dropped congee on your head. That's what you get when you sit in daddy's lap when he's eating.
- Hey, hey, hey! That was almost a humongous mess. Ok, I think I'm just gonna let them watch Baby Einstein.

Twins - 34,964, Daddy - 0. Baby Einstein — always the backup babysitter or when you've had enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment