Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 15: Camp Nom Nom

Day 15 of 30

Dear Daddy and Sophie,

I'm halfway through camp, but I am already missing home a bit. It was great to see you this weekend and it was almost like being at home. I didn't want to eat because I just wanted to play with you guys. But now it's Monday and we're back to the same routine, so I started eating again. It's still fun here and I've made lots of friends. I'm learning new things all the time, like how to finger paint and kick a ball. Guess what? Grandma sent me a present! I got my very own bubble! Mommy hung it up and I look at it all the time. You can see it when you come.

Love,
Olivia



Getting sick is no fun. But since it's a hospital, it's like solitary at a prison. They try to prevent the spread of infection and put the sickies in isolation. However, isolation is really hard for the one who is sick since it means no playing in the common areas, therapy comes to you and when you do come out, you are branded with a gown and gloves so people know to stay 50 feet away from you. Our new friend, S, has a fever and has to be cleared for 24 hrs before she can leave isolation.

Olivia is really buckling down and getting with the program. There were no more refusals and she ate great. There's no complaints of VitalStim anymore either. They've since moved the sessions to the gym when she gets her therapy, she's completely distracted playing with toys, watching other people get physical therapy and eating herself, that she's not complaining about the uncomfortable vibrations on her neck.

She ate so well today! She threw up a little bit while in the feeding room but overall, it was amazing how much she took by mouth. I'm really proud of her and can't wait to see how much more she can take.

Food Log:
3/4
Session 1: 64g
Session 2: 56g
Session 3: 51g
Session 4: 67g

Liquids Log:
3/4
Session 1: 28g
Session 2: 17g
Session 3: 13g
Session 4: 32g



No comments:

Post a Comment