Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 20: Camp Nom Nom

Day 20 of 30

Another weekend filled with visitors for Olivia, with grandparents coming in from Houston and auntie Elaine and her boyfriend Chris coming from Austin. On the way up to Dallas, we made our usual stop at Buc-ee's. Since there were two grandparents this time, Sophie decided to take full advantage. I went to order some dinner for the road as the grandparents were watching her and when I came back, they were in the toys section following Sophie around who was holding on to two toys! When I approached her she wouldn't let go to either toys and tried to run out the door! I blocked her way and then she just got into "toddler squat" position and hugged the toys tightly. This didn't work on me, but the grandparents could not help themselves and gave in.


Today after observing Sandra feed three sessions, it was time for me to get my feet wet. I was actually practicing the same technique on Sophie in the car on the way up, and it worked! So how hard could it be? But once we started, I had to juggle between what Sandra had mentioned before - from the toys and tv, to three different foods and a drink, to adjusting the portion in response to how Olivia handles each bite, to controlling my tones, cues and praise. The therapists really do make it look easy. Olivia ate through the session, despite the rookie feeder and took nearly her best amount to date!

Hanging out with Daddy
Quality bonding time
 We decided to change things up a bit this weekend. Sophie stayed at the Ronald McDonald House with grandparents and Elaine and Chris, while Sandra stayed at OCH with Olivia and me. So as soon as the kids went to sleep, we were able to have a rare impromptu date to Pinkberry and In-n-Out Burger followed by a night in with Wreck It Ralph. Being separated for a few weeks really made us realize how much we took for granted the times we are together.

3/9
Food Log:
Session 1: 48g
Session 2: 66g
Session 3: 63g
Session 4: 75g

Liquids Log:
Session 1: 19g
Session 2: 21g
Session 3: 25g
Session 4: 29g

Calorie Count: 446

1 comment: